Traveling to Canada

If you plan to cross over to the Canadian side, be sure to have your passport or an equivalent travel document.

According to, “Any American that has a felony conviction on their criminal record may not be permitted entry into Canada unless they have received special permission from the Canadian Government. Even if the conviction happened 20+ years ago, foreign nationals with a felony may never be deemed rehabilitated by the passage of time and risk being denied entry at the Canadian border even decades later. The Canadian border has full access to all the criminal record databases in the United States, so anyone who has been convicted of a felony will very likely be flagged at the border.” Click here for more information
© 2019 Canada Temporary Resident Permit Application Service.